The Board of the Capital Regional District (CRD) intends to give third reading and adopt Bylaw No. 3855, Noise Suppression Bylaw (Salt Spring Island) No. 1, 2006 Amendment Bylaw No. 1, 2014, at its meeting of Wednesday, September 10, 2014, in the Board Room at 625 Fisgard Street, Victoria, BC.
The purpose of the bylaw is to amend Bylaw No. 3384, which provides regulations and penalties to assist with and encourage the abatement and control of disturbing noise in the Salt Spring Island Electoral Area, by:
- defining allowable hours for the discharge of a firearm at a shooting range as 9 am to sunset or 7 pm whichever is earliest
- setting a maximum noise level of 70 dBA for the discharge of a firearm at a shooting range.
The CRD invites you to view Bylaw No. 3855, to review the background staff reports and to provide feedback on the proposed bylaw via email before July 31, 2014.
A copy of Bylaw No. 3855 may also be inspected between the hours of 8:30 am and 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday, excluding statutory holidays, from the date of this Notice until September 9, 2014 at the CRD locations listed below:
- Public Notice Posting Place, Main Floor, 625 Fisgard Street, Victoria
- Salt Spring Administration office, 145 Vesuvius Bay Road, Salt Spring Island
- Building Inspection Office, Salt Spring Island, 206-118 Fulford Ganges Road (closed 12-1 pm
Feedback will be collected via email
until July 31, 2014 and presented to the Board in Fall 2014. Please provide your feedback
All information collected is in accordance with authority of the Local Government Act and will form part of the public record which, is also subject to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Enquiries about the collection or use of information in this form can be directed to the Manager, Information Services: Capital Regional District 250.360.3000